A. All state public bodies created in the executive branch of state government and subject to the provisions of this chapter shall make available the following information to the public upon request and shall post such information on the Internet: ¶
1. A plain English explanation of the rights of a requester under this chapter, the procedures to obtain public records from the public body, and the responsibilities of the public body in complying with this chapter. For purposes of this subdivision “plain English” means written in nontechnical, readily understandable language using words of common everyday usage and avoiding legal terms and phrases or other terms and words of art whose usage or special meaning primarily is limited to a particular field or profession; ¶
2. Contact information for the person designated by the public body to (i) assist a requester in making a request for records or (ii) respond to requests for public records; ¶
3. A general description, summary, list, or index of the types of public records maintained by such state public body; ¶
4. A general description, summary, list, or index of any exemptions in law that permit or require such public records to be withheld from release; and ¶
5. Any policy the public body has concerning the type of public records it routinely withholds from release as permitted by this chapter or other law. ¶
This law has been modified 1 time since it was first created in 2004. Those modifications are cataloged by “The Acts of Assembly,” a state publication, by year and chapter. Those modifications that can be read on the General Assembly’s website will be linked accordingly. That modification is as follows: in 2009, chapter 626.