(1. With respect to the issuer and any significant subsidiary: its name, address and form of organization; the state (or foreign jurisdiction) and date of its organization; the general character of its business; and a description of its physical properties and equipment; and a statement of the general competitive conditions in the industry or business in which it is or will be engaged;
(2. With respect to every director and officer of the issuer (or person occupying a similar status or performing similar functions): his name, address and principal occupation for the past five years; the amount of securities of the issuer held by him as of a specified date within ninety days of the filing of the registration statement; the amount of the securities covered by the registration statement to which he has indicated his intention to subscribe; and a description of any material interest in any material transaction with the issuer or any significant subsidiary effected within the past three years or proposed to be effected;
(3. With respect to persons covered by subdivision (2) of this subsection: the remuneration paid during the past twelve months and estimated to be paid during the ensuing twelve months, directly or indirectly, by the issuer (together with all predecessors, parents, subsidiaries and affiliates) to all such persons in the aggregate;
(4. With respect to any person owning of record, or beneficially if known, ten percent or more of the outstanding shares of any class of equity security of the issuer: the information specified in subdivision (2) of this subsection other than his occupation;
(5. With respect to every promoter if the issuer was organized within the past three years: the information specified in subdivision (2) of this subsection, any amount paid to him within such period or intended to be paid to him and the consideration for any such payment;
(6. With respect to any person other than the issuer on whose behalf any part of the offering is to be made: his name and address; the amount of securities of the issuer held by him as of the date of the filing of the registration statement; a description of any material interest in any material transaction with the issuer or any subsidiary effected within the past three years or proposed to be effected; and a statement of his reasons for making the offering;
(7. The capitalization and long term debt (on both a current and a pro forma basis) of the issuer and any subsidiary, including (i) a description of each class of security outstanding or being registered or otherwise offered, and (ii) a statement of the amount and kind of consideration (whether in the form of cash, physical assets, services, patents, goodwill or anything else) for which the issuer or any such subsidiary has issued any of its securities within the past two years or is obligated to issue any of its securities;
(8. The kind and amount of securities to be offered; the proposed offering price or the method by which it is to be computed; any variation therefrom at which any portion of the offering is to be made to any person or class of persons other than the underwriters, with a specification of any such person or class; the basis upon which the offering is to be made if otherwise than cash; the estimated aggregate underwriting and selling discounts or commissions and finder’s fees (including separately cash, securities, contracts or anything else of value to accrue to the underwriters in connection with the offering) or, if such discounts or commissions are variable, the basis of determining them and their maximum and minimum amounts; the estimated amounts of other selling expenses, including legal, engineering and accounting charges; the name and address of every underwriter and every recipient of a finders’ fee; a copy of any underwriting or selling-group agreement pursuant to which the distribution is to be made, or the proposed form of any such agreement whose terms have not yet been determined; and a description of the plan of distribution of any securities which are to be offered otherwise than through an underwriter;
(9. The estimated cash proceeds to be received by the issuer from the offering; the purposes for which such proceeds are to be used by the issuer; the amount to be used for each purpose; the order of priority in which the proceeds will be used for the purposes stated; the amounts of any funds to be raised from other sources to achieve such purposes; the sources of any such funds; and, if any part of the proceeds is to be used to acquire any property (including goodwill) otherwise than in the ordinary course of business, the names and addresses of the vendors, the purchase price, the names of any persons who have received commissions in connection with such acquisition and the amounts of such commissions and any other expense in connection with such acquisition (including the cost of borrowing money to finance such acquisition);
(10. A description of any stock options (or other security options) outstanding, or to be created in connection with the offering, together with the amount of any such options held or to be held by every person required to be named in subdivisions (2), (4), (5), (6) or (8) of this subsection and by any person who holds or will hold ten percent or more in the aggregate of any such options;
(11. The dates of, parties to and general effect concisely stated of, every management or other material contract made or to be made otherwise than in the ordinary course of business if it is to be performed in whole or in part at or after the filing of the registration statement or was made within the past two years, together with a copy of every such contract; and a description of any pending litigation or proceeding to which the issuer is a party and which materially affects its business or assets (including any such litigation or proceeding known to be contemplated by governmental authorities);
(13. A specimen of the security being registered; a copy of the issuer’s articles of incorporation and bylaws (or their substantial equivalents) as currently in effect; and a copy of any indenture or other instrument covering the security to be registered;
(14. An opinion of counsel as to the legality of the security being registered which shall state whether the security when sold will be legally issued, fully paid and nonassessable, and, if a debt security, a binding obligation of the issuer;
(15. A balance sheet of the issuer as of a date within four months prior to the filing of the registration statement; a profit and loss statement and analysis of surplus for each of the three fiscal years preceding the date of the balance sheet and for any period between the close of the last fiscal year and the date of the balance sheet, or for the period of the issuer’s and any predecessor’s existence if less than three years; and if any part of the proceeds of the offering is to be applied to the purchase of any business, the same financial statements which would be required if such business were the registrant;
(c. A registration statement shall state the amount of securities to be offered in this Commonwealth and shall be accompanied by a filing fee of one-tenth of one percent of the maximum aggregate offering price at which the securities are proposed to be offered in this Commonwealth; provided that the fee shall not be less than $ 250 nor more than $ 500.
(e. It shall be unlawful to sell any security registered under this section that constitutes the whole or a part of an unsold allotment or subscription by a broker-dealer as a participant in the underwriting of such securities except upon delivery to the purchaser of a prospectus. The prospectus shall contain such part of the information specified in subsection (b) as may be designated by the Commission as necessary for the protection of investors.
(f. The Commission shall have authority in its discretion to require that sales be made only pursuant to a subscription contract the form of which shall have been filed as an exhibit to the registration statement. If the Commission requires a subscription contract, it shall be unlawful to sell any security registered under this section except pursuant to such a subscription contract duly signed by the purchaser, a copy of which shall be delivered to him.
(h. If any prospectus, document or exhibit filed as provided in this section discloses that any of the securities sought to be registered by qualification, or as much as twenty-five percent of any class of the securities of the issuer to be outstanding, were or are intended to be issued for any patent right, copyright, trademark, process, formula, goodwill or other intangible assets, or for organization or promotion fees or expenses, the Commission may require that such securities shall be delivered in escrow to some satisfactory depository under an escrow agreement. The owners of such securities shall not be entitled to sell or transfer such securities or to withdraw such securities from escrow until the issuer in any period of thirty-six consecutive months earns an annual average of six percent of the public offering price times all shares of common stock then outstanding plus those to be outstanding through the exercise of warrants or options as computed under normal and customary accounting procedures or upon order of the Commission, when no circumstance is apparent which, in the opinion of the Commission, would warrant continuation of the escrow. In case of dissolution or insolvency during the time such securities are held in escrow, the owners of such securities shall not participate in the assets until after the owners of all other securities shall have been paid in full. If any securities sought to be registered by qualification are to be sold for the account of the issuer, and not by underwriters who have or at the time of offering shall have purchased such securities from the issuer, the Commission may require that the proceeds from the sale of such securities be delivered in escrow to some satisfactory depository until all or a reasonable portion of the total securities originally proposed to be offered and sold shall have been sold and paid for.For the purposes of this section, such securities shall be deemed to have been sold and paid for at such time as the subscribers therefor deliver to, or for the benefit of, the issuer, an amount equal to the purchase price specified for such securities either in cash, a draft, check or note (other than any such instrument which is drawn without recourse) or any combination thereof.
1956, c. 428; 1982, c. 362; 1983, c. 517; 1984, c. 771; 1993, c. 180.