§ 13.1-760

Amended certificate of authority

A. A foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this Commonwealth shall obtain an amended certificate of authority from the Commission:

1. If it changes its corporate name or the state or other jurisdiction of its incorporation; or

2. To abandon or change the designated name adopted by the corporation for use in the Commonwealth pursuant to subsection B of § 13.1-762.

B. The requirements of § 13.1-759 for obtaining an original certificate of authority apply to obtaining an amended certificate under this section.

C. Whenever the articles of incorporation of a foreign corporation that is authorized to transact business in the Commonwealth are amended, within 30 days after the amendment becomes effective, the foreign corporation shall file with the Commission a copy of such amendment duly authenticated by the Secretary of State or other official having custody of corporate records in the state or other jurisdiction under whose law it is incorporated.


Code 1950, §§ 13.1-112, 13.1-113; 1956, c. 428; 1976, c. 159; 1985, c. 522; 1986, c. 571; 1987, c. 431; 2015, c. 623.


  • Plain Text
  • JSON
  • XML