§ 15.2-1538

Clerk for the governing body

The governing body of every locality in this Commonwealth shall appoint a qualified person, who shall not be a member of the governing body, to record the official actions of such governing body. The person so appointed shall be called clerk for the board of supervisors or council, as the case may be.In localities where the clerk of court also serves as clerk of the governing body such person may receive as compensation for his services as clerk of the governing body a salary in an amount determined by the governing body. Such compensation shall be in lieu of, and in satisfaction of, any compensation allowable under § 33.2-721. Such compensation shall not be considered in determining the maximum total annual compensation of officers as set forth in §§ 17.1-283 and 17.1-287.


Code 1950, § 15-238; 1962, c. 623, § 15.1-533; 1968, c. 328; 1980, c. 257; 1985, c. 108; 1997, c. 587.


  • Plain Text
  • JSON
  • XML