§ 15.2-1908

Council or other governing body to file copy of resolution

In any proceedings instituted by any city or county to acquire a waterworks system by condemnation pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 2 (§ 25.1-200 et seq.) of Title 25.1, as authorized by § 15.2-1906 and §§ 15.2-2146, 15.2-2147, and 15.2-2148, after the body determining just compensation, as defined in § 25.1-100, has filed its report as provided by § 25.1-232, it shall be the duty of its council or other governing body, within such time as may be fixed and allowed by the court, to file in the proceedings a certified copy of a resolution of such council or other governing body stating whether the council or other governing body is of the opinion that it is in the best interest of the city or county to take the property sought to be condemned at the amount fixed by the body determining just compensation as compensation or damages on account of the taking of same. If such copy of the resolution be not filed within the time allowed by the court, or within any extension of such time which may be allowed, the proceedings shall be dismissed on motion of any party thereto.


1938, p. 48; Michie Code 1942, § 4387a; Code 1950, § 25-47; 2003, c. 940.


  • Plain Text
  • JSON
  • XML