The Authority, to accomplish its general purpose, is given the following powers, namely:
2. To rent, lease, buy, own, acquire and dispose of such property, real or personal, as the Authority deems proper to carry out any of the purposes and provisions of this chapter, including the execution of leases with option to purchase;
3. To apply for and accept grants or loans of money or other property from any federal agency for any of the purposes authorized in this chapter, and to expend or use the same in accordance with the directions and requirements attached thereto or imposed thereon by any such federal agency;
4. To engage in economic development marketing and business attraction activities and to pay from the Authority’s funds any and all expenses incurred in connection with such economic development marketing and business attraction activities;
5. To pay from the Authority’s funds any and all expenses incurred by the Authority including, but not limited to, administrative, operational, personnel, consultant, legal, marketing, business attraction, advertising, promotional, and any other expenses incurred in furtherance of the purposes of this chapter; and
6. To do and perform any act or function that is in accord with the purposes of the chapter, including (i) borrowing money and (ii) employing such persons as the Board deems necessary to carry on the business of the Authority.
1988, c. 833, § 15.1-1641; 1990, c. 341; 1997, c. 587; 2004, cc. 36, 177.