§ 17.1-412

Affirmance, reversal, or modification of judgment; petition for appeal to Supreme Court upon award of new trial

A judgment, order, conviction, or decree of a circuit court or award of the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission may be affirmed, or it may be reversed, modified, or set aside by the Court of Appeals for errors appearing in the record. If the decision of the Court of Appeals is to reverse and remand the case for a new trial, any party aggrieved by the granting of the new trial may accept the remand or proceed to petition for appeal in the Supreme Court pursuant to § 17.1-411.


1983, c. 413, § 17-116.09; 1984, c. 701; 1998, c. 872.


  • Plain Text
  • JSON
  • XML