The following unlawful acts and offenses against animals shall constitute and be punished as a Class 4 misdemeanor:
1. Violation of § 3.2-6566 pertaining to interference of agents charged with preventing cruelty to animals.
2. Violation of § 3.2-6573 pertaining to shooting pigeons.
3. Violation of § 3.2-6554 pertaining to disposing of the body of a dead companion animal.
5. Violation of an ordinance passed pursuant to § 3.2-6539 requiring dogs to be on a leash.
6. Failure by any person to secure and exhibit the permits required by § 29.1-422 pertaining to field trails, night trails and foxhounds.
9. For any dog or cat owner to fail to pay any license tax required by § 3.2-6530 before February 1 for the year in which it is due. In addition, the court may order confiscation and the proper disposition of the dog or cat.
12. Violation of § 3.2-6503 pertaining to care of animals by owner.
1984, c. 492; 1993, cc. 174, 817.