A. A foreign corporation whose certificate of authority to transact business in the Commonwealth has been withdrawn or revoked may be relieved of the withdrawal or revocation and have its certificate of authority reinstated by the Commission within five years after the date of withdrawal or revocation unless the certificate of authority was revoked by order of the Commission pursuant to subdivision A 1 of § 13.1-769.
1. An application for reinstatement, which shall include the identification number issued by the Commission to the corporation, and which may be in the form of a letter signed by an officer or director of the corporation, or which may be by affidavit signed by an agent of any shareholder’s interests stating that after diligent search by such agent, no officer or director can be found;
3. All annual registration fees and penalties that were due before the certificate of withdrawal was issued or the certificate of authority was revoked and that would have been assessed or imposed to the date of reinstatement if the corporation had not withdrawn or had its certificate of authority revoked;
5. A duly authenticated copy of any amendments or corrections made to the articles of incorporation or other constituent documents of the foreign corporation and any mergers entered into by the foreign corporation from the date of withdrawal or revocation of its certificate of authority to the date of its application for reinstatement, along with an application for an amended certificate of authority if required as a result of an amendment or a correction, and all fees required by this chapter for the filing of such instruments;
6. If the name of the foreign corporation does not comply with the provisions of § 13.1-762 at the time of reinstatement, an application for an amended certificate of authority to adopt a designated name for use in the Commonwealth that satisfies the requirements of § 13.1-762, with the fee required by this chapter for the filing of an application for an amended certificate of authority; and
7. If the foreign corporation’s registered agent has filed a statement of resignation and a new registered agent has not been appointed, a statement of change pursuant to § 13.1-764.
C. If the foreign corporation complies with the provisions of this section, the Commission shall enter an order of reinstatement, reinstating the foreign corporation’s certificate of authority to transact business in the Commonwealth.
1987, c. 431; 1988, c. 405; 2004, c. 274; 2005, c. 765; 2015, c. 623.