A. The following entities shall not be required to participate in the electronic system and shall not be required to maintain a written log:
1. Licensed manufacturers that manufacture and lawfully distribute products in the channels of commerce.
2. Wholesalers that lawfully distribute products in the channels of commerce.
3. Inpatient pharmacies of health care facilities licensed in the Commonwealth.
4. Licensed long-term health care facilities.
5. Government-operated health care clinics or departments or centers.
6. Physicians who dispense drugs pursuant to § 54.1-3304.
7. Pharmacies located in correctional facilities.
8. Government-operated or industry-operated medical facilities serving the employees of the Commonwealth or local or federal government.
B. Purchases of ephedrine or related compounds pursuant to a valid prescription are not required to be reported to the system or entered into a written log.
C. The sale of a single package containing no more than 60 milligrams of ephedrine or related compounds to an individual is not required to be reported to the system or entered into a log provided it is an isolated sale.
2012, cc. 160, 252.