The executive committee of the board of visitors of each public institution of higher education and the State Board for Community Colleges shall (i) organize the working processes of the board and (ii) recommend best practices for board governance.The committee shall:
1. Develop and recommend to the board a statement of governance setting out the board’s role;
2. Periodically review the board’s bylaws and recommend amendments;
3. Provide advice to the board on committee structure, appointments, and meetings;
4. Develop an orientation and continuing education process for visitors that includes training on the Virginia Freedom of Information Act (§ 2.2-3700 et seq.);
5. Create, monitor, oversee, and review compliance with a code of ethics for visitors; and
6. Develop a set of qualifications and competencies for membership on the board for approval by the board and recommendation to the Governor.
2013, c. 577.