The Wine Board shall have the following powers and duties:
1. To receive and dispense funds or donations from the Virginia Wine Promotion Fund;
2. To enter into contracts for the purpose of developing new or improved markets or marketing methods for wine and grape products;
3. To contract for research services to improve viticulture and enological practices in Virginia;
4. To enter into agreements with any local, state, or national organization or agency engaged in education for the purpose of disseminating information on wine or other viticulture projects;
5. To enter into contracts with private or public entities for the purpose of developing marketing, advertising and other promotional programs designed to promote the orderly growth of Virginia’s wine industry;
6. To rent or purchase office and laboratory space, land, equipment, and supplies as necessary to carry out its duties;
7. To employ such personnel as may be required to carry out those duties conferred by law;
8. To acquire any licenses or permits necessary for the performance of the powers and duties of the Wine Board;
9. To cooperate with other state, regional, national, and international organizations in research, education, and promotion of the growing of grapes and the production of wine in the Commonwealth and to expend moneys from the Fund for such purposes;
10. To adopt a general statement of policy and procedures; and
11. To receive from the Chairman of the Wine Board an annual report, including a statement of total receipts and disbursements for the year, and file a copy of such report with the Commissioner.
2004, cc. 89, 319, § 3.1-1064.5; 2008, c. 860.