1. Order removal of inspectors from any establishment that fails to destroy condemned products as required under subdivision 2 of § 3.2-5404;
2. Order cessation of inspection service under this chapter with respect to any establishment for causes specified in § 401 of the Federal Meat Inspection Act or § 18 of the Federal Poultry Products Inspection Act;
6. Cooperate with the U.S. Department of Agriculture in administration of this chapter to effectuate the purposes stated in § 3.2-5403; accept federal assistance for that purpose and spend public funds of the Commonwealth appropriated for administration of this chapter to pay 50 percent of the estimated total cost of the cooperative program;
7. Recommend to the U.S. Department of Agriculture for appointment to the advisory committees provided for in the federal acts, such officials or employees of the Department as the Commissioner shall designate;
8. Serve as the representative of the Governor for consultation with said Secretary under paragraph (c) of § 301 of the Federal Meat Inspection Act and paragraph (c) of § 5 of the Federal Poultry Products Inspection Act unless the Governor selects another representative; and
9. Exempt the operations of any person from inspection or other requirements of this article if and to the extent such operations would be exempt from the corresponding requirements under the Federal Meat Inspection Act or the Federal Poultry Products Inspection Act if they were conducted in or for interstate commerce or if the Commonwealth was designated under the federal acts as one in which the federal requirements apply to intrastate commerce.
B. Any order issued under subdivisions 1, 2, or 3 of subsection A shall be final unless appealed in accordance with the provisions of the Administrative Process Act (§ 2.2-4000 et seq.).
1970, c. 290, §§ 3.1-884.21, 3.1-884.30; 1986, c. 615; 2008, c. 860.