§ 3.2-5508


As used in this chapter unless the context requires a different meaning:”Food establishment” means those operations subject to regulation by the Virginia Department of Health as food establishments under the authority granted by § 35.1-14.”Registrant” means any person who has registered with the Department as a transporter of waste kitchen grease.”Renderer” means any person who commercially cooks carcasses, or parts or products of carcasses, of cattle, swine, poultry, and other animals and other waste animal by-products and waste kitchen grease into usable products.”Transport” or “transportation” means the movement of waste kitchen grease in a motor vehicle on public roads.”Trap grease” means waste kitchen grease that is removed from a grease trap and is principally derived from food preparation and processing.”Usable products” means a product resulting from the processing of waste kitchen grease and shall include biofuels, lubricants, and animal feed, provided that such animal feed uses are allowed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.”Waste kitchen grease” means animal fats or vegetable oils that have been used, and will not be reused, for cooking in a food establishment, including trap grease.


2010, c. 868.


  • Plain Text
  • JSON
  • XML