The Department shall administer this chapter and shall have the following powers and duties:
1. To establish the process for determining what areas qualify as housing revitalization zones. Such criteria shall be the minimum required for implementation of the purpose of this chapter;
2. To monitor the implementation and operation of this chapter;
3. To conduct a continuing evaluation program of housing revitalization zones;
4. To assist counties, cities and towns in obtaining the reduction of regulations within housing revitalization zones; and
5. To administer and enforce the regulations promulgated by the Board of Housing and Community Development.
2000, cc. 789, 795.