The Board shall make, adopt and promulgate regulations governing the following aspects of private management and operation of regional jail facilities:
1. Minimum standards for the construction, equipment, administration and operation of the facilities; however, the standards shall be at least as stringent as those established for local correctional facilities;
2. Contingency plans for operation of a contractor-operated facility in the event of a termination of the contract;
3. Use of deadly and nondeadly force by regional jail facility contractors’ security personnel;
4. Methods of monitoring a contractor-operated facility by an appropriate state or local governmental entity or entities;
5. Public access to a contractor-operated facility; and
6. Such other regulations as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this article.