§ 55-106.1

Recording and indexing of certain documents showing changes of names

A duly authenticated copy of a marriage license with the certificate of the person celebrating the marriage or a duly authenticated copy of a final decree of divorce showing a change of name of a woman shall be entitled to be admitted to record in the clerk’s office wherein deeds are recorded of the county or city wherein any land which, or an interest in which, is owned by such woman lies, and shall be indexed by such clerk in the grantor and grantee indices in his office.


1958, c. 220.


  • Plain Text
  • JSON
  • XML