B. A petition for the appointment of a guardian, a conservator, or both, shall state the petitioner’s name, place of residence, post office address, and relationship, if any, to the respondent and, to the extent known as of the date of filing, shall include the following:
2. The basis for the court’s jurisdiction under the provisions of Article 2 (§ 64.2-2105 et seq.) of Chapter 21;
3. The names and post office addresses of the respondent’s spouse, adult children, parents, and adult siblings or, if no such relatives are known to the petitioner, at least three other known relatives of the respondent, including stepchildren. If a total of three such persons cannot be identified and located, the petitioner shall certify that fact in the petition, and the court shall set forth such finding in the final order;
5. The name, place of residence or location, and post office address of any agent designated under a durable power of attorney or an advance directive of which the respondent is the principal, and any guardian, committee, or conservator currently acting, whether in this state or elsewhere, and the petitioner shall attach a copy of any such durable power of attorney, advance directive, or order appointing the guardian, committee, or conservator, if available;
7. When the petition requests appointment of a guardian, a brief description of the services currently being provided for the respondent’s health, care, safety, or rehabilitation and, where appropriate, a recommendation as to living arrangements and treatment plan;
8. If the appointment of a limited guardian is requested, the specific areas of protection and assistance to be included in the order of appointment and, if the appointment of a limited conservator is requested, the specific areas of management and assistance to be included in the order of appointment;
11. A statement of the financial resources of the respondent that shall, to the extent known, list the approximate value of the respondent’s property and the respondent’s anticipated annual gross income, other receipts, and debts;
1997, c. 921, § 37.1-134.8; 2005, c. 716, § 37.2-1002; 2006, c. 471; 2012, c. 614; 2013, c. 523.