A. In order to create a time-share program for a time-share estate project, the developer shall execute a time-share instrument prepared and executed in accordance with this chapter and record it in the clerk’s office where such time-share project is located. The time-share instrument shall contain the following:
1. The name of the time-share project, which name must include or be followed by a qualifying adjective or term outlined in § 55-364.1;
2. The name of the locality and the state or situs in which the time-share project is situated;
3. The legal description, street address, or other description sufficient to identify the time-share project;
4. A legally sufficient description of the real estate constituting the time-share project;
5. A statement of the form of time-share program, i.e., whether it is a time-share estate or time-share use;
6. Identification of time periods by letter, name, number or combination thereof;
7. Identification of time-shares and where applicable, the method whereby additional time-shares may be created or withdrawn;
8. The formula, fraction, or percentage of the common expenses and any voting rights assigned to each time-share;
9. Any restrictions on the use, occupancy, enjoyment, alteration, or alienation of time-shares;
10. The ownership interest, if any, in personal property available to time-share owners;
11. The program by which the managing entity, if any, will provide management of the project;
12. The period for which units are designated and committed to the time-share program and the property classification of the units at the expiration of such period;
13. Any provision for amending the time-share instrument;
14. A description of the events, including but not limited to condemnation and damage or destruction, upon which the time-share program may or shall be terminated before the expiration of its full term and the consequences of such termination, including but not limited to the manner in which the time-share project or the proceeds from the disposition thereof shall be held or distributed among owners;
15. A statement of whether or not the developer reserves the right to add to or delete any incidental benefit;
16. A statement of whether or not the developer reserves the right to add to or delete any alternative purchase; and
17. Such other matters as the developer deems appropriate.
B. In order to create a time-share program for a time-share use project, the developer shall either (i) execute and record a time-share instrument as required by subsection A or (ii) execute a time-share instrument that takes the form of and is a part of the contract which contains the information required by subsection A.
C. If the developer explicitly reserves the right to develop additional time-shares, the time-share instrument shall also contain the following:
1. A legally sufficient description of all land which may be added to the time-share project which shall be referred to as “additional land”;
2. A statement outlining the order in which portions of the additional land may be subjected to the exercise of each development right, or a statement that no assurances are made in that regard;
3. A statement of the time limit upon which the option to develop shall expire, together with a statement of the circumstances, if any, which will terminate that option prior to the expiration of the specified time limit;
4. A statement of the maximum number of units which may be added to the time-share project, if known, and if not known, a statement to that effect; and
5. A statement of the property classification of the additional land if the developer fails to exercise the development rights as reserved in the time-share instrument.
1981, c. 462; 1985, c. 517; 1994, c. 580; 1998, c. 460.