§ 58.1-311

Report of change in federal taxable income

If the amount of any individual, estate, trust or corporate taxpayer’s federal taxable income reported on his federal income tax return for any taxable year is changed or corrected by the United States Internal Revenue Service or other competent authority, or as the result of a renegotiation of a contract or subcontract with the United States, the taxpayer shall file an amended return, or such other form as the Department may prescribe, reporting such change or correction in federal taxable income within one year after the final determination of such change, correction, or renegotiation, or as otherwise required by the Department, and shall concede the accuracy of such determination or state wherein it is erroneous. However, if the Department has sufficient information from which to compute the proper additional tax and the taxpayer has paid such tax, then the taxpayer is not required to file an amended individual income tax return. Any taxpayer filing an amended federal income tax return shall also file within one year thereafter an amended return under this chapter and shall give such information as the Department may require. The Department may by regulation prescribe such exceptions to the requirements of this section as it deems appropriate.


Code 1950, § 58-151.0103; 1971, Ex. Sess., c. 171; 1984, c. 675; 1992, c. 678; 2006, c. 234.


  • Plain Text
  • JSON
  • XML