§ 17.1-405

Appellate jurisdiction — Administrative agency, Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission, and domestic relations appeals

Any aggrieved party may appeal to the Court of Appeals from:

1. Any final decision of a circuit court on appeal from (i) a decision of an administrative agency, or (ii) a grievance hearing decision issued pursuant to § 2.2-3005;

2. Any final decision of the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission;

3. Any final judgment, order, or decree of a circuit court involving:

a. Affirmance or annulment of a marriage;

b. Divorce;

c. Custody;

d. Spousal or child support;

e. The control or disposition of a child;

f. Any other domestic relations matter arising under Title 16.1 or Title 20;

g. Adoption under Chapter 12 (§ 63.2-1200 et seq.) of Title 63.2; or

h. A final grievance hearing decision issued pursuant to subsection B of § 2.2-3007.

4. Any interlocutory decree or order entered in any of the cases listed in this section (i) granting, dissolving, or denying an injunction or (ii) adjudicating the principles of a cause.


1983, c. 413, § 17-116.05; 1984, c. 701; 1985, c. 283; 1990, c. 897; 1998, c. 872; 2000, cc. 830, 947, 1006; 2001, cc. 393, 420.


  • Plain Text
  • JSON
  • XML