The Commissioner of Highways shall annually report in writing to the Governor, the General Assembly, the Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission, and the Board no later than November 30 each year. The Commissioner shall make such report available on the Department’s website. The content of such report shall be specified by the Board and shall contain, at a minimum:
1. The condition of existing transportation assets, using asset management methodology pursuant to § 33.2-352;
2. The methodology used to determine maintenance needs, including an explanation of the transparent methodology used for the allocation of funds from the Highway Maintenance and Operating Fund pursuant to subsection A of § 33.2-352;
3. Beginning with the November 2015 report through the November 2019 report, the allocations to the reconstruction and rehabilitation of functionally obsolete or structurally deficient bridges and to the reconstruction of pavements determined to have a combined condition index of less than 60 and beginning with the November 2020 report, the methodology used to determine allocations of construction funds for state of good repair purposes as defined in § 33.2-369 and any waiver of the cap provided for in subsection B of § 33.2-369;
4. The performance targets and outcomes for (i) the current two-year period starting July 1 of even-numbered years and (ii) the following two-year period starting July 1 of the next even-numbered year. The targets and outcomes shall state what is expected to be achieved, based on funding identified for maintenance and state of good repair purposes, over each two-year period;
5. Beginning with the November 2016 report, a listing of prioritized pavement and bridge needs based on the priority ranking system developed by the Board pursuant to § 33.2-369 and a description of the priority ranking system;
6. The Department’s (i) strategies for improving safety and security and (ii) strategies and activities to improve highway operations within the Commonwealth, including the use of funds in the Innovation and Technology Transportation Fund established pursuant to § 33.2-1531 and improved incident management;
2011, cc. 36, 152, § 33.1-13.03; 2014, cc. 290, 805; 2015, c. 684; 2016, c. 711.